Christmas plus One: To My Wife and Son on the day of His Birth

"We are not what we do. We are not what we have. We are not what others think of us. Coming home is claiming the truth. I am the beloved child of a loving Creator. We no longer have to beg for permission from the world to exist."
~ Henry Nouwen

"Home is where they want you to stay longer."
~Stephen King

"Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he does."
~John 5:19-20

what would I give for you to never 
have to stand with broken skin
screaming at the sky hoping
for fire to fall?

(dark and damned)

what would I give that 
wanted,
loved,
invited,
would never be questions asked
but always only answers given?

(forever)

The only stillness:
the fullness
of the pregnant pause
of the ocean of love
we drift in.

where am I?

here. 

now.

always.

broken and present.

Comments